Setting up Google Analytics for your BoldGrid Website is important if you want to be able to monitor your traffic, and make decisions about your site based on that data. This article will walk you through setting up Google Analytics and adding your BoldGrid site to it
Adding your site to Google Analytics
- Login to Google Analytics. If you do not already have a Google Analytics account, you can use the sign up link here as well to create one.
- Select Website
- Enter the Account Name you want to use.
- Enter your Website’s Name
- Enter your Website’s URL exactly as it shows in the browser address bar
- You can select your Industry and Time Zone here, and customize what is shared with Google;
Modifying these settings is not required to continue
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Get Tracking ID
- To use Google Analytics, you must agree to their Terms of Service;
Select your Country of Residence, and Click I Accept to continue
- You will be redirected to the Google Analytics Home Page when complete
Congratulations! You now know how to set up Google Analytics, and add your site to it. Next we are going to add a Plugin called Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights, and use it to connect your site to the Analytics account we just set up. The following step by step guide will show you how to accomplish this.
Adding the Plugin to your BoldGrid Site
- Login to your BoldGrid Site
- Select Plugins > Add New
- Search for Google Analytics
- Click to Install “Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights”
- Click Activate
- Click the link to configure Google Analytics Settings
- Click Authenticate with Google Account
- Click Next
- Click Get Google Code
- Choose your Google Account
- Enter your Google Account Password, and click Next
- Select Allow, to give MonsterInsights permission to View and Manage your Analytics data
- Select and copy the code that is provided to you, and close the popup window
- Paste the Code into the box, and click Next
- Select the Profile you created earlier in Google Analytics
- Click Close
Congratulations! You now know how to connect your site to Google Analytics using the Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights Plugin.
Get more for free by signing up with BoldGrid Central Create Account