How do I backup my WordPress database?
Every WordPress website has two major components— the WordPress files and the database. Your WordPress database contains all of your Posts, Pages, Revisions, Theme options, Plugin settings, and all of your website’s users.
It’s important to keep backups of both your WordPress Files as well as the database. Use the following steps to take a full WordPress Database backup.
Making a WordPress Database Backup with BoldGrid Backup
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard
- If you have not already, Install BoldGrid Backup
- Navigate to BoldGrid Backup ? Backup Archives and click Backup Site Now
- (Optional) If you only want to make a backup of your database, and not files and folders:
- Click on Custom Backup underneath Files and Folders
- Copy the text WPCORE,/wp-content from Include, and paste it into Exclude
- Ensure that Backup All Tables is selected underneath Database
- Click Backup Now
Congratulations! You now know how to make a WordPress Backup of your Database using BoldGrid Backup.
Get more for free by signing up with BoldGrid Central Create Account