After installing your first Inspiration (the themes used within BoldGrid) and evaluating your new BoldGrid site, you may want to further customize the site. Learn how to edit pages in BoldGrid to meet your needs.
This will allow you to use your own content, in place of the placeholder content provided within BoldGrid. Below we’ll show you how to edit pages in BoldGrid using the Post and Page Builder.
Getting Started in the BoldGrid Post and Page Builder
- Log into your BoldGrid Dashboard
- Next, click on the Pages option from the left-hand sidebar and then click on All Pages.
- From the Pages list screen, find the page you want to work with, hover over it, and click on the Edit option.
- Be sure you are in the Visual mode and not the Text mode. You can change the mode in the upper right corner of the Builder area.
Working with Columns
- Open the BoldGrid Post and Page Builder
- Place your mouse cursor into the column you wish to edit. You will see a blue drag handle appear at the top of the current column.
- To move the column, click and hold on the directional button of the drag handle. Then, drag your column to the desired location, on the page.
- If you wish to edit the specific content of the column, click the edit button of the blue drag handle. This will send a menu with the following options:
- First, open the Builder as described above.
- Hover into the row you wish to edit. You will see a yellow drag handle appear on the right side of the row.
- To move the row, click and hold the directional button. Then, drag your row up or down the page.
- If you wish to edit the specific content of the row, click the edit button of the yellow drag handle. This will present a menu allowing you various options.
Working with Elements
- Open the BoldGrid Post and Page Builder as described above.
- Place your mouse cursor over the element you wish to edit. You will see a red drag handle appear to the left of the current column.
- To move the element, click and hold the directional button of the drag handle. Then, drag the element to the desired location on the page.
- Clicking the Edit button on the red drag handle will bring up a menu with the following options:
Clone Creates a new element underneath the current one exactly the same data Delete Deletes the current element and all its contents Font Allows you to change the font used as well as the font size, effects on the font and spacing. Note that the changes only apply to the selected row. You will see a dotted line appear around the section that will be affected. Advanced Control Selecting this option will open up a dialog box named Advanced. You will be able to modify margins, padding, background color, borders, border radius, box shadow, width, and block alignment. You are also provided an area to add Custom CSS classes for that row.
Elements with text in them are the simplest to work when you learn how to edit pages in BoldGrid. This will allow you to directly edit the content. Double-click on the element and your cursor will appear. You can then add or delete text in the element.
Image Elements are a bit different than text elements when editing. Double-clicking the element brings up a menu at the top displaying the following options:
Align Left Aligns the image to the left side of the element. Align Center Aligns the image to the center of the element. Align Right Aligns the image to the right of the element. No Alignment Uses the default alignment. Add Media Opens the page to add new media to the element. Edit Opens the page for the settings of the image. Remove Deletes the image from the element.
Clicking the Edit button on the red drag handle will bring up a menu with the following options:
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.