In this article:
Now that we have built the base site with an Inspiration and made some preferred changes with the Customizer, it is now time to modify the page content to represent our sample company. This will not involve changing colors and fonts as those have already been done via the Customizer. Now that you’ve created your WordPress site and customized the theme, you’ll use the Post and Page Builder to edit your Home page.
You will be dealing with several sections while learning to edit the home page. We will go over each section and discuss how to change them. We will go over title and text changes first and then do the images Home and The sample page here uses the Swifty theme. Your theme may contain different Blocks, but the concepts are the same.
The first area of the top Block is a title area. To change the content, click somewhere in the box containing the text. From here you can delete the existing title and replace it with your own.
Click in an area that contains the stock paragraph text. This opens the area for editing. Highlight all the content in the column of the box and delete it. Once deleted, add your own paragraph. Do the same for the second column.
- From the left-hand menu in the dashboard, hover over the Media option and then click on the Add New option.
- This will bring you to the Upload New Media page. Click on the Select Files option.
- From your local machine, highlight the images you want to upload and click Open. This will upload all the images to your media library.
Once your images have been uploaded, you can replace the stock ones on the page.
- Click on the image and a small toolbar will appear at the top. Click on the Change option.
- This will bring you to the Media Library tab of the Replace Image screen. Locate and click on the image you want to use. A blue border will appear around it with a checkmark, this means it is selected. Click on the Replace button.
- You may be asked to crop the image. If you want to use the whole image, click on the Skip Cropping button. You can crop if you wish to trim edges of the image.
- The new image will be inserted. Notice it is not the same size as the previous image. Don’t worry about that for now as you can adjust it later.
After replacing stock images, you may notice that the sizes don’t quite match.To make the images even and aligned, you will need to edit each one. Click on the top image and then on the “Edit” button from the toolbar.
Your home page should now be complete and look vastly different than when you started. If you look at your page on your site you will see your content along with the theme changes you made in the Customizer. Our sample site is shown to the right. Now that you have learned how to edit the home page you can edit the “About Us” page.
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.