In this article:
The Post and Page Builder provides a convenient way to see how your WordPress website would be seen on a Tablet or Phone. By default, the view is set to Desktop. The option to view with these modes are found while Editing a Page or Post. The following tutorial shows you how to use them within the editor for a Page or Post. This will allow you to see what your site will look like on different devices.
Please note that the WordPress editor device previews are an average representation of each screen-size, and it will vary by device.
How to use the Desktop, Tablet, and Phone Views in the Editor
- In the Dashboard, navigate to Pages or Posts → Show All
- Edit a post or page
- In the Editor, above the DropTab, are three device icons (by default, the view is set to a desktop)
- Click an icon to change the size of the Editor
- In each view you can drag the column handles to change the column size for that device size only
- Click Publish to save your changes
Congratulations, now you know how to use the Desktop, Tablet, and Phone Views in the BoldGrid Editor for WordPress! Remember that while designing your site for various devices, make sure to test your site live in the device your visitors may use most often.
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.