This article is a comprehensive guide to the Post and Page Builder, a free WordPress Page Builder plugin. We will discuss the additional customization options BoldGrid adds to the Editor.
The Post and Page Builder by BoldGrid was built to use a grid system called Bootstrap. The order of this system is explained below.
- A Section is the largest container and can contain one or more rows
- A Row is the next largest container and can contain one or more columns
- Each Column can contain an element or be empty
- Examples of Elements are text, images, and buttons
BoldGrid makes it easy to use this grid system by adding extra controls that appear on hover, called Popovers.
- The Black is for a section
- The Yellow is for a row
- Directional Arrows change the row height
- The Blue is for a column
- The Orange is for a specific element that exists within a column
The DropTab is the black bar above the Visual Editor. The available options in the DropTab will change based on where your cursor is. Below is a short explanation of each icon.
- The + sign is Add Block Component
- Layout and Formatting
- Block opens the Add Block screen
- Layout opens starter Grid Layouts
- Section adds to the top of the screen
- Blockquote adds a stylized text section
- Button opens the Button Design Popup
- Divider opens the Horizontal Line Popup
- Icon opens the Change Icon Popup
- List creates an unordered list
- Content and Section Sliders are Premium elements
- Media – Click the + sign to add the element to the top of the page. Click the Four-way Arrow to drag and drop the element into place.
- Audio opens Create Audio Playlist Popup
- Embed opens the Insert from URL Popup
- Gallery opens the Create Gallery Popup
- Image opens the Add Media Popup
- Map opens the Google Map Popup
- Video opens the Create Video Playlist Popup
- Layout and Formatting
- Widgets – Click the + sign to add the element to the top of the page. Click the Four-way Arrow to drag and drop the element into place.
- The standard WordPress widgets, including Post List, Single Post, Recent Comments, and Categories are now available from the Editor
- Additional plugins will add new widgets, such as WPForms and WooCommerce
- The Globe is Global Options. The options you see here will depend on your theme
- Delete Post Content deletes everything on the page
- The Color Palettes are used to create new Blocks and in design popups to keep your design consistent
- The palette can be updated at any time and the page content will update to the new palette
- Note: If you have a BoldGrid theme the Color Palette is set in the Customizer
- The Question Mark is Help
- The Image is Background. Each option (Section, Row, Column) opens the Background Popup
- The Layout opens the Column Shape Popup
- The T opens the Text Setting Popup
- The Gear opens a design popup based on the element clicked
- The Camera opens the Media Library
- The Magic Wand opens the Image Filters Popup
- The Line opens the Horizontal Line Popup
- The Pencil opens the Google Map Popup
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.