Tagged: W3 Total Cache Troubleshooting
July 18, 2022 at 6:18 am #55314BrandaleyGuest
I get this error after activating the W3 plugin
W3 Total Cache Error: Files and directories could not be automatically created to complete the installation.July 18, 2022 at 6:19 am #55342Marko VasiljevicKeymaster
Thank you for reaching out and I am happy to assist you with this
You need to check your files/folder permissions. For W3 Total Cache to write to files and folders, you need to change folder permission to 755 and your .htaccess and wp-config.php to 644
Simply FTP to your website or use Cpanel and change the permissions or as your hosting provider for assistance.
You can also manually add to following to your wp-config.php just under the opened
/** Enable W3 Total Cache */ define('WP_CACHE', true); // Added by W3 Total Cache
I hope this helps!
Thanks!July 18, 2022 at 12:31 pm #55345BrandaleyGuest
I have done those things and still get these notifications
1. /var/www/vhosts/mydiabeticketo.com/httpdocs/wp-content is write-able. When finished installing the plugin, change the permissions back to the default: chmod 755…
2. FTP credentials don’t allow to write to file /var/cache/wordpress-sources/6.0.1/.htaccess
3. W3 Total Cache Error: Files and directories could not be automatically created to complete the installation.
Please execute commands manually
or use FTP form to allow W3 Total Cache make it automatically.
and the button for update via FTP just does nothing.July 18, 2022 at 12:31 pm #55347BrandaleyGuest
Also how do I log into change the active websites? It soes nothing when I click the Reset Active URLS button.July 18, 2022 at 1:08 pm #55351Marko VasiljevicKeymaster
1. This means that the wp-content folder is writable which is needed for W3TC for drop-in files and creating a cache folder as well as writing the constant to wp-config.php and adding the rules to .htaccess
2. This means that the .htaccess file does not have the correct 644 permission set so that W3TC can write the rules, so you should set the permissions to 644.
3. By expanding the notification you will see the rules that need to be added to .htaccess file which due to the restricted permissions are not added automatically.
As for the license question, once you click the Reset Active URLs button, the license key should be removed from the active installation. You can do this manually by removing the license key from Performance>General settings, Licensing sub-box, license field, and saving all settings. Re-enter the license key to the other installation in Performance>General settings, Licensing sub-box, license field, verify the license with the “verify license button” and save all settings.
I hope this helps!
- The topic ‘Cache Error Installation’ is closed to new replies.