March 22, 2021 at 5:17 pm #35228Nicole UgwuezeGuest
I recently updated my version of WordPress from 5.4.2 to the latest 5.7 only to discover that in the post-editing section (i am using your post and page builder), i cannot locate the title page. Please do not misunderstand. This is not a case of “I cannot see it” but rather it is not there. I checked my old posts. The one I uploaded while using WordPress 5.4.2 and its the same thing. There is no bar for the title. Due to that, I can’t edit or change the title of the post but the permalinks are there.
I realized that this only happens with the upgrade of my WordPress version but for a reason, I need to be on version 5.7 of WordPress. Please help me, is there a way I can get it functioning as before? I really liked it.
PS. This is my first time using a forum. I am afraid I do not know what to attach to make your assistance quicker or easier.March 22, 2021 at 6:30 pm #35254Jesse OwensKeymaster
Thanks for reaching out, and thanks for using the Post and Page Builder plugin for WordPress.
We received one other report of this problem about a month ago, but we’ve never been able to recreate it in our tests, and that user didn’t report back if they were ever able to solve it.
You mentioned that you went from WordPress 5.4.2 to 5.7, so my first suspicion is that this has to do with the updates to jQuery included in WordPress in 5.5, 5.6, and 5.7.
- Make sure all of your plugins and your theme are updated to the latest version.
- While you’re editing a post or page, open your browser’s error console and let us know if you see any errors there. Here’s a quick video on how to open your error console:
- Temporarily disable your plugins, starting with any plugins that add functionality to your editor. If the problem goes away, enable those plugins again one-by-one, checking to see if the issue is still happening after each one.
- Another possibility is to try the jQuery Migrate Helper plugin. This plugin gives you the ability to downgrade your jQuery version if one of your plugins hasn’t released an update yet.
Please let us know what you find out, including your browser console errors, or if a particular plugin is causing the issue.
- The topic ‘No Title box in Editor after WordPress update’ is closed to new replies.