Set Total Upkeep Schedules with WP-CLI
Although you can schedule Total Upkeep backups within the dashboard, advanced users can manage the WordPress backup plugin settings faster using WordPress Command Line Interface (WP- CLI) commands to schedule, list, and clear backup schedules.
Note: You must have WP-CLI installed and SSH access to continue. You’ll need to ask your hosting provider if SSH, cPanel Terminal, and WP-CLI are available. You can also install WP-CLI manually.
Schedule WordPress Backup with WP-CLI
- Log in to SSH or cPanel Terminal
- Navigate to your WordPress directory – usually public_html
- To ensure you’re in the right website directory, type:
wp option get home && wp option get siteurl
- Set the schedule. Days are numbered 0-6 for Sunday through Saturday. Time is set for 24 hours. For example, to set a backup schedule for every Wednesday and Saturday at 11 PM:
wp bgbkup schedule set --days=3,6 --time=2300
- To list all current schedules, type one of the following:
wp bgbkup schedule list
wp bgbkup schedule show
- To remove all backup schedules:
wp bgbkup schedule clear
Read more with the command wp bgbkup schedule help. Learn more about WP-CLI on wordpress.org.
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.