The Total Upkeep backup plugin provides peace of mind for you by allowing you to schedule WordPress backups. You have the option of setting up the days of the week these backups run on, as well as the time of day. You can also exclude portions of your site, such as core files or your content folder, which will make the backups happen quicker if needed.
Schedule Automatic Backups
- In the Dashboard, Navigate to Total Upkeep → Settings
- In the Backup Schedule section you have the option of using the cron system on your Linux Host, or WP Cron, which is a virtual cron system that is triggered by someone visiting your site. In most cases, WP Cron is recommended, however if you have disabled it for performance reasons, you may want to check with your host to set up a cron on a schedule.
- Configure the days of the week you wish backups to run on
- Configure the time of day you wish to run your backups
- Set your preferred backup location
- Specify files and database tables to backup
- In the Retention section you can set the number of backups to store
- In the Backup Directory you can change the local storage location from boldgrid_backup
- In the Notifications section you can send notifications to an email account upon backup completion
- You can also check your BoldGrid Connect Key status
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.