The steps you will use to change the PHP version of your web hosting will depend on the type of hosting account and panel you are using. It is common to find that a host will use Plesk, cPanel or their own custom solution. The goal of this article is to give you instructions on changing the PHP version in Plesk and cPanel.
- Login to Plesk with your Plesk admin user
- Click on the website or domain for which you want to change the PHP version
- Under the domain, you will now click the option “Hosting Settings”
- Located under the Web scripting & statistics section you will see an option of PHP support with will show an option for both PHP Version and Handler.
- Once you have selected the version, below you will need to click on the Apply button.
- You should see the notification that the task was completed in the lower right hand. Your PHP version is now set!
- Login to cPanel
- Select the MultiPHP Manager
- In the list at the bottom, locate the domain you wish to change the version for and select it
- In the pulldown menu on the right, select the PHP version you wish to use, then click Apply to make it active.
- Your new PHP version is now set!
Congratulations! You are now familiar with changing the PHP version for your BoldGrid site on both Plesk, and cPanel hosts.