Pull requests let you notify others about changes you’ve pushed to a repository on GitHub. Once a pull request is opened, you can discuss and review the potential changes with collaborators and add follow-up commits before the changes are merged into the repository. The following guide will explain how to create a pull request.
Creating a Pull Request and Merging it to Master
- Point your browser to the main page of your GitHub Repository
- Select the button at the top of the file list that says branch: master
- Select the dev branch from the dropdown menu
- Select New Pull Request
- Give your Pull Request a title, and description
- Select your commit to review the changes that were made
- Anything you add will be highlighted green, anything you are removing will be highlighted red. Select Review Changes
- Add a Review Summary
- Select Submit Review
- Select Merge pull request
- Give the pull request a concise title and description
- Select Confirm merge
- The Pull request has been merged, and you can now delete the dev branch
Congratulations! You now know how to create a Pull request, and use it to merge any changes in a branch to master.
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.