Safely Test Cache Configuration Settings Using Preview Mode
W3 Total Cache features advanced configurations for caching and optimizing your website. Some of the configurations can reliably be used automatically, like Disk Page Caching. Other options, however, can potentially disrupt the functionality of your Plugins and Theme. In particular, Minification settings can take a great deal of trial-and-error to make sure that everything is working correctly. Use these instructions to safely test new configurations before deploying them to your visitors.
Enable Preview Mode and Make Changes
- Navigate to the Performance -> General Settings menu of your WordPress Dashboard.
- In the General section, click “Enable” Preview Mode.
- Your current settings will be saved when you enable Preview mode.
- Make any configuration changes you wish to test.
- Navigate back to Performance -> General Settings and look for the Preview button in the General section.
- Now, you’ll see what your website will look like with the new settings in effect.
Revert to Saved Configuration
- If your website isn’t working correctly with the new configuration, navigate to Performance -> General Settings and click Disable.
- Your website will revert to the cache configuration you saved when you enabled Preview mode.
Deploy New Changes
- If your website is performing better with the new configuration, click Deploy.
- Your new configuration will be saved, and Preview mode will now be disabled again.
Repeat as Needed
- It’s highly recommended that you only make one change at a time, so that you can be sure which change may have caused your website to malfunction.
- Repeat this process for each change you make, and your site’s visitors will never see an untested cache configuration.
Congratulations! Now you know how to safely test new cache configurations with Preview Mode in W3 Total Cache.
W3 Total Cache
You haven't seen fast until you've tried PRO
Full Site CDN + Additional Caching Options
Advanced Caching Statistics, Purge Logs and More
Everything you need to scale your WordPress Website and improve your PageSpeed.