Providing links to your social media accounts is a great way to increase user engagement directly from your website. This guide demonstrates how you can add a social media menu to your website using the tools provided by BoldGrid themes.
- Navigate to Customize > Menus in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click Create New Menu.
- Give you new menu a name and select the Menu Location where you want to display your social media.
- Click Next.
- Click + Add Items to start adding your social media links.
- Select the Custom Links option.
- Fill out the URL and Link Text fields for your social media link. URLs that start with social media domain (https://facebook.com, https://twitter.com, etc.) will have their link text automatically updated to the appropriate social media icon.
- Click Publish/Update once you are done adding your social media icons.
There are some social media platforms that are not automatically recognized by the theme framework and you can create your own custom icons for these outliers.
200+ Design Templates + 1 Kick-ass SuperTheme
6 WordPress Plugins + 2 Essential Services
Everything you need to build and manage WordPress websites in one Central place.