Welcome to the BoldGrid Questions Portal

If you do not have an account, submitting a question will allow you to create one.

Tips

• Search for an existing question before adding your own. This helps us prevent duplicate entries and track all questions.
  • If you find a matching question, vote on it and throw in a comment.
  • If you can't find a question for your problem, create your own question. Provide as many details as you can, especially steps to recreate the problem.

Rules

• No spam, self-promotion, or advertising
  • No offensive language, posts, links, or images.
  • Please limit your submissions to one question per post.
  • Administrators have the ability to moderate the forums, including editing, deleting, and moving posts. Posts may be deleted for any reason, with or without notification.

Want to help us improve BoldGrid?  Please feel free to submit a Feature Request or a Bug Report.

Answered

Add block function and general boldgrid editor function not working

Ernest Oh 4 months ago • updated by Makedonijawood 4 months ago 13

I logged onto wordpress today and have tried creating a page. Normally, all I need to do is go onto a new page and click "add block" where I an then select pre-made blocks from my block library to enter into the page.

However at the moment, when I click "add block" nothing happens. It simply doesn't work. Also the general "drag and drop" function of the boldgrid editor is not working. I have double checked that I am indeed using the "post and page editor".

Something is definitely not right.

Answer

We recommend you use only 1 SEO plugin - Yoast or the pre-installed BoldGrid Easy SEO. You should be able to remove either without disrupting your website. The issue is reportedly related to the 5.0.2 WordPress update. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Opened

Call to action not loading on homepage and widget is missing

Bez 2 months ago • updated by jacqueems (Customer Community) 1 month ago 1

Hi! We just loaded the Pavilion theme and the call to action text and button that are shown in the preview are missing. When I go to add a "call to action" widget as some posts have suggested, is isn't there in my list of widget options.

How can we add that? We want our page to look like the preview, with a nice background photo, some text and a learn more button, all above the main menu. Thank you!

Opened

How to change and preview a new theme without losing content and changing the live site until I'm ready?

Boldmaven 2 months ago • updated by arnelc (Customer Community) 2 months ago 1

I chose a theme for my live site, but it's not working out for me.  How do I (1) change the theme without losing my content and (2) preview the site in the new theme before making it live without changing the live site until I publish a new theme?

Thanks.

Answered

Help with website home page

WilburnStrategicSolutions 3 months ago • updated by support (Support) 2 months ago 5

image.png

image.png
Website Screenshots
Screenshots_Design Support.docx
I've attached some screen shots of my home page and the other three pages of my website.  When visiting my website, the home page image doesn't load properly; leaving white space along the right side of the screen.  When scrolling through the other three pages, this issue remains.  Please help!

Opened

Hello, I am having the following problem: I can not access the visual section (bold grid) of the front page of my Wordpress site. Customizing won't work either (just redirects me to the page of my site). What could be the problem?

Anon 3 months ago • updated by carlosd (Customer Community) 3 months ago 3

I am having the following problem:

Opened

Why isn't my home page filling the screen?

WilburnStrategicSolutions 3 months ago • updated by support (Support) 2 months ago 3

Hello!  I am new to web design and I'm experiencing some difficulty with getting the home page of my selected Boldgrid template to load properly. \

Specifically, when you go to my website (wilburnstrategicsolutions.com), the home page (a bridge across a bay) does  not fill up the screen.  There is blank/white space on the right side of the screen.

Why is this happening?

Please advise on how to correct this so that my website looks as great as your templates!

Opened

Is there anyway to get a refund of coins or exchange for an image I did not know would include branding on it and now I can't even use it?

admin 4 months ago • updated 4 months ago 2

It says 123RF on it and the original picture (as you search) doesn't include any branding on it whatsoever. This is deceiving? Can my account be created back my 3 coins?

Answer

We apologize for any inconvenience and have credited your account as requested. You should have 16 credits total. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Opened

I am trying to reset my password for BoldGrid central and I keep getting an error message. I need assistance like right now.

ohmybeautiful2015 4 months ago • updated by jacqueems (Customer Community) 4 months ago 1

I am trying to log into BoldGrid Central. I have reset my password but keep receiving an error message saying it cannot he reset. I am in need of assistance ASAP.

Answered

Why i can not edit image slider and i can not or edit block?

slotgclub168 5 months ago • updated by Harry J (Support) 4 months ago 10

Hi,

Why i can not add or edit block after updated Wordpress to version 5? The image slider that i have previous edited, now only 1 picture show when in editor mode. And all the functions are now gone. Whats wrong with it?

Answer
Harry J (Support) 4 months ago

hi, i have found what is the cause of the boldgrid stop working. It was because of Yoast Plugin. I have deactivated all of my plugin, and then start activating one by one. And i found that Yoast was the problem. I will send my problem to them. Thank you for trying to answer my problem.

Opened

Global Options Feature Missing

ChristopherT 5 months ago • updated by jacqueems (Customer Community) 5 months ago 1

In previous wordpress website, I downloaded Boldgrid to create pages and there was a "Global Options" feature to change images for a selected block. In a new download of Boldgrid for a new website the Global Options feature isn't present. How can find and turn on that feature?

The global options feature was very useful in allowing custom global changes to the images used in selected blocks.