Our BoldGrid Software and Services
BoldGrid customers receive access to our website design software and SaaS software service (collectively, the “Software and Services”). The Software and Services include, for example, access to website development plugins and website design templates and the ability to purchase content for display on your site. In order to use the BoldGrid Software and Services you must obtain a software license key. Depending on the level of software functionality and types of templates you require, this license key may be free or may be available for purchase.
Web Hosting Not Included
Information Collected or Received
We collect information from you when you use the Software and Services to provide a meaningful, safe, efficient, and customized experience. We use this information to:
- improve the Software and Services,
- communicate with you about your orders, billing and payment (if you purchased content directly from the Site),
- provide targeted online marketing for the Software and Services, and
- alert you to new products, services and special offers that might specifically interest you.
1. Information you provide. In order to activate your subscription you must provide a valid email address and your name. We use this information to fulfill your orders and to contact you regarding new products, special offers and functionality changes to the Software and Services.
2. Additional information you provide if paying. In order to purchase content, you must provide your credit card. We collect your credit card information only through www.boldgrid.com (not by telephone or email). The credit card information is encrypted and transmitted according to strict industry standards. We use the information listed above for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders and to contact you regarding new products, special offers and functionality changes to the Software and Services.
3. Information we automatically collect or receive.
a. BoldGrid plugins. Through the BoldGrid plugins, we receive this information about your site: your web host, the IP address of your hosting account, system information about your hosting account, domain, pages, menus, your primary admin user name and your primary admin email address. We do not collect admin passwords or email address passwords. We also receive information about the types of functionality of BoldGrid you are using and the way you use this BoldGrid functionality to configure your site. We use this information to improve the Software and Services and to contact you regarding new products and special offers.
b. Information from hosting affiliates. Through your web hosting company we may receive your email address and name. Your web hosting company also may give us information needed to allow you to purchase content through BoldGrid, such as the currency balance available to you. This purchasing information does not include credit card information.
4. No information about viewers of your own site. We do not collect any information about the way other people view or use your own site. We do not track individual viewers of your site or individuals who post to your site. For example, we do not collect any information about pages viewed or items purchased by visitors to your site. Unless you make it publicly available, we will not be able to see the content uploaded to your site. However, even if it is publicly available we do not track your site content.
How We May Disclose the Information We Collect or Receive
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won’t identify you. Personal information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, billing addresses, credit card information, and phone number.
1. Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research, for marketing and for sales. We may share aggregated information about our customer base with any interested party by publishing it on the Internet and in printed materials. This information may include the number of active users of the Software and Services, the number of websites created using the Services, and popular BoldGrid features and templates. We do not link aggregated data with your personal information.
a. Disclosures to BoldGrid consultants and third party vendors. Like most online businesses, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we may provide your credit card information to third party credit card processors to help us process your orders with us. We also provide your email address and name to third parties who manage email campaigns on our behalf. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
b. Disclosures to your web host. We share information about the way you have built your site and how your own site functions with your sponsoring web host. The information we share is: plugins used, progress made and other utilization information. We share this information in order to identify issues with the way your own site performs and to contact you to offer you assistance with these issues. We also use this information to help us decide when to update or retire certain BoldGrid features and functionality.
c. Disclosures required by law or otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that it’s necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of fellow customers or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend our rights or property.
How You Can Control Your Personal Information
Deactivate and Delete. You can prevent BoldGrid from using your personal information by deactivating and deleting the BoldGrid plugins. Deactivation of your account does not cause your personally identifiable information to be deleted from our database entirely. BoldGrid will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
- We use technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect data.
- We restrict access to your personal information to only those BoldGrid employees who need it to perform a specific job function.
- We require all BoldGrid employees with access to your personal information to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling.
- We hold our vendors who need access to your personal information to strict confidentiality requirements.
- We backup our servers constantly. (You access these servers when you use our Software and Services, and we store your personal information on these servers.)
- We use third-party service providers to assist us with the physical security of some of our servers and other computer hardware.
- We host our servers at locations in the United States which are private and secure data center facilities, behind physical and virtual firewalls.
But please remember, while we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we can’t guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn’t exist anywhere online or off.
We respect children’s privacy. The Software and Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you’re under 18 years old, please do not submit any personal information to us without the consent and supervision of a responsible parent or legal guardian.
BoldGrid will retain your information as long as we deem necessary. You may inform us of any changes or requests in regards to your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we will use all reasonable means to update or delete your personal data accordingly. Please email BoldGrid support at email@example.com. You should not expect that all of your information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request. BoldGrid will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Transfers of Data Abroad
We store your information on servers located in the United States. If you use our Software or Services or communicate with us electronically from a location outside the United States then your communications with us will result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By using the Software or Services or communicating with us electronically you consent to such transfers.