BoldGrid Software and Services
Information Collected or Received
We collect information from you on this Site to provide a meaningful, safe, efficient, and customized experience. We use this information to:
- improve this Site,
- provide targeted online marketing for the Site,
- create content on this Site that’s more relevant to you, and
- alert you to new products, services and special offers that might specifically interest you.
1. Information you provide. You may want to communicate with us after you visit our Site. For example, if you provide feedback to us, then you’ll need to give us your email address. We use this contact information to honor your requests and to share information about our products and special period to invite you back to the Site.
We run contests and conduct surveys on the Site from time to time. If you choose to participate in our contests or surveys then you’ll need to give us your email address. You also may need to give us your mailing address. We use contest information to notify contest winners and award prizes. We use contest and survey information to monitor Site traffic and personalize our Site and services for you.
2. Information we automatically collect or receive.
a. Log files. Like most sites, BoldGrid automatically receives and stores in log files certain information from your browser when you visit the Site. This information includes your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, Internet service provider, the referring/exit pages, your operating system, your language preferences, the date/time stamp of your Site visit, mouse movements, your device ID, and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us. This information doesn’t identify individual Site visitors but does identify individual computers or devices. We use this information to analyze and understand how the Site works for you so we can improve it, to administer the Site, and to gather demographic information about Site visitors for targeted online marketing purposes. We may link this automatically collected information to your personal information for marketing purposes and as required to prevent fraud or abuse on our system.
b. Cookies and other tracking technologies. Please review our Cookie and Tracking Policy.
How We May Disclose the Information We Collect or Receive
Information we collect from you may be either personal or aggregate. Aggregate information is summary data of the behaviors and interests of groups or categories, so it won’t identify you. Personal information is identifiable to you, like your name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
1. Aggregate Information. We use aggregate information for the purposes of internal business research and sales. We may share aggregated information about our Site visitors with our partners and the general public. We also may publish reports on trends in the way visitors use our Site. This information may include the number of daily visitors to our. We do not link aggregated data with your personal information.
2. Personal Information. We do not sell, rent, trade, license, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except in these limited circumstances:
a. Disclosures to BoldGrid consultants and third party vendors. Like most online businesses, we use third parties to help ensure our business runs smoothly. We disclose your information to these third party companies so they can perform their specific functions for us. For example, we provide information about you to third parties who serve you advertisements on our behalf, conduct contests and surveys on our behalf, analyze the usefulness of our products and analyze our customer demographics. The types of information we typically provide are IP address, name and email address. When we employ other companies to perform functions of this nature, we only disclose the information that they need to perform their requested function. We do not authorize them to retain, share, store, or use personal information provided by us for any other purpose.
b. Disclosures required by law or otherwise. We may disclose your personal information if we believe, in good faith, that it’s necessary to: (1) comply with a legal obligation such as in response to a court order or subpoena; (2) protect the safety of fellow visitors or the public; (3) protect against legal liability; or (4) protect and defend our rights or property.
How You Can Control Your Personal Information
1. Opt-out. You can always “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes. At your request, we will stop sending you promotional emails and will direct our partners and affiliates to stop sending you promotional emails.
2. Block cookies and targeted advertising. You can prevent BoldGrid and its third party partners from setting and accessing cookies on your computer by setting your Internet browser to block cookies. You may also remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here. Taking these steps may affect the functionality of the Site. Our Site does not act on “do not track” request headers, but you can still limit tracking by taking the above steps.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
- We use technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect data.
- We restrict access to your personal information to only those BoldGrid employees who need it to perform a specific job function.
- We require all BoldGrid employees with access to your personal information to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling.
- We hold our vendors who need access to your personal information to strict confidentiality requirements.
- We backup our servers constantly. (You access these servers when you use our Software and Services, and we store your personal information on these servers.)
- We use third-party service providers to assist us with the physical security of some of our servers and other computer hardware.
- We host our servers at locations in the United States which are private and secure data center facilities, behind physical and virtual firewalls.
But please remember, while we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we can’t guarantee absolute security. We wish we could, but 100% security just doesn’t exist anywhere online or off.
We respect children’s privacy. The Software and Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you’re under 18 years old, please do not submit any personal information to us without the consent and supervision of a responsible parent or legal guardian.
BoldGrid will retain your information as long as we deem necessary. You may inform us of any changes or requests in regards to your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under local data protection law, we will use all reasonable means to update or delete your personal data accordingly. Please email BoldGrid support at email@example.com. You should not expect that all of your information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request. BoldGrid will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Transfers of Data Abroad
We store your information on servers located in the United States. If you use our Software or Services or communicate with us electronically from a location outside the United States then your communications with us will result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By using the Software or Services or communicating with us electronically you consent to such transfers.