Now that you have decided to use WooCommerce to create an e-commerce site in BoldGrid, you have some more homework to do.
You need to set up some payment processors so that your guests can pay for things. By default, you can easily link your Paypal or Stripe accounts to WooCommerce. But what if your visitors want to use a credit card? For this, it’s recommended you use a third-party payment processor.
Why Use Authorize.net?
Basically, in order to accept credit card information, you need your server to be compliant with current security standards. This will require a lot of patient, time, and money. But with a third-party payment processor, you can let farm out all that security work and save yourself a lot of effort.
All you’ll need is account with Authorize.net. And then we can proceed with the steps below.
How to set up credit card payments
Once you have created an account with Authorize.net, you can proceed by installing a WordPress plugin and filling in some account data.
- Log into your BoldGrid admin area
- Hover over Plugin
- Click Add New
- Search Authorize.net Payment Gateway For WooCommerce in the plugin search field
- Install the plugin by clicking Install
- Activate the plugin by clicking Activate
- Select Settings under WooCommerce
- Click Payments tab (at top)
- Enable Authorize.net AIM
- Click Manage for Authorize.net AIM
- Enable the payment module
- Fill in your Login ID and Transaction Key (available in your Authorize.net account)
- Click Save Changes
That’s it! Now you know how to use and activate the Authorize.net plugin for WooCommerce. Now an easy credit card payment option will appear for your users. Now you can get back to focusing on making and selling your great product.
Get more for free by signing up with BoldGrid Central Create Account