How to Add Video to Your BoldGrid Website
WordPress Website Builder
Video isn’t a trend. It’s here to stay. And it’s proven that incorporating it into your content can grow conversions, sales, improve ROI, and increase SEO. With its popularity right now, it just makes sense to make it a part of your website. In this article, we’re going to share with you how you can easily add a YouTube video to your BoldGrid website–with minimal time and effort.
How to Use Video on Your WebsiteIt’s important to provide your audience with relevant, useful information. Part of that is to keep your website updated and to keep your content interesting and timely. Blogs are great, but today’s consumers don’t spend time reading lengthy articles. In fact, the average visitor takes around 2.6 seconds to decided whether they will keep reading or not. What do you think is more likely to keep them interested in your website: Several paragraphs that they have to skim through or a flashy video that shares the same information, but in a fun way? Obviously a video is going to get more attention. Here are some ways you can use video on your website for maximum engagement:
- Welcome videos on your home page. Video can be a great way to introduce yourself and your business, as well as give a brief overview of your products.
- Explainer videos on your about page. An explainer is a short, animated video that gives a general overview of your business. It should be concise and compelling, with visuals that quickly grab the audience’s attention.
- Background video headers. A video doesn’t have to take up a whole page to be effective–even on a smaller scale, like in a header, it can have big impact.
- Video blogs. If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog, but you just don’t have the time to write (or you don’t like doing it), why not do a vlog? Video blogs are becoming more and more popular–they’re typically easier for you to create, and they’re easier for the audience to process.
- How-to videos. How-to videos provide a fast and easy way to demonstrate your products to your customers and prospects.
- Video testimonials or reviews. People rely on other people to show them what to do, and if your audience sees other people talking about how amazing your product is in an online review, they’re certainly going to notice.
- Behind-the-scenes. If you want to really make your business stand out, share a behind the scenes look at how you operate. It’s a great chance to show the “human” side of your company and create a connection with the audience.
- Educational videos. Share past webinars, tutorials, or podcasts that you’ve created for your business.
- Re-share videos from your live feed. Not everyone in your audience is watching all the time, so this is a great chance to share information they might otherwise have missed.
- From your dashboard, select the “pages” tab.
- Choose the page you want to edit (for example, “about”, “services”, “contact”, etc.).
- Find a video on YouTube or any other popular video hosting site and copy the link.
- Paste the link into your BoldGrid page (you will notice that the video automatically replaces the text link).
- Update or publish your page.